What is a bodysuit? It is a type of shapewear that is used a shaping undergarment designed for women made from stretchy fabric that nips and tucks all of your flabby parts. Plus it helps to improve your posture, which will instantly make you look slimmer.
As with shapewear, body shapers come in three different levels of compression such light, medium and firm. Giving you options for the degree of slimming you are looking for, often-firm compression is used only for special occasions and shorter periods, as it is more restrictive.
Shapewear comes in all comes of styles but body suits offer best overall slimming effect as it provides the most coverage. You can choose from several styles such a briefs, boy shorts or full bodysuits that either come with a built-in bra or can be worn with your bra.
Why should you be wearing a bodysuit?
Before we answer this question you need check out the list of the following pros and cons to help you decide if an hourglass figure forming bodysuit is for you.
Advantages to wearing a body shaper
- It gives you a slimmer appearance instantly, this can be extremely motivational if you are trying to lose weight but aren’t seeing the results fast enough. Also, you will look sleeker and enhance your curves actually where you need too.
- Helps you visualize your fitness and weight loss goals, as you get a glimpse as what you would look like when you loose those cumbersome pounds finally. Just what you need to keep working towards your fitness goals.
- Instant confidence boost, by giving your body an instant makeover, especially when you receive thousands of compliments about how fantastic you look. Studies of shown that positivity leads to making healthier lifestyle and dietary choices, which lead to greater weight loss.
- The body shapers restrictive compression around your midriff will make you more aware of your stomach and what you put into your mouth. Plus, it improves your posture whiles sitting and standing, which makes you look slimmer.
Disadvantages to wearing a slimming bodysuit
- If you order a size too small, it can cause discomfort and certain physical issues, such as acid reflux or an upset stomach. Take time to read the sizing chart of the bodysuit for women you are considering, to get the correct size for your body.
- If you order a size too big, you can find that you actually feel heavier in your shapewear, as it won’t be compress you and will just resemble wearing a loose fitting swimsuit. Again, make sure you order the right size for your body.
- If you want to invest in a piece of shapewear that actually can be used more than one time, you can expect to dish out a pretty penny. Avoid bodysuits that come with a bargain price tag, remember if it seems too good to be true it probably is too good to be true. Invest in a good quality body suit and it will last a lifetime.
When choosing a slimming bodysuit, be sure to check out the reviews and if you are purchasing online, be sure to look for companies that provide the free return option, in cause you are not satisfied with the fit.